Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locked Out of BIOS
Hello. Long story short, I accidentally disabled USB legacy mode in the BIOS. I was trying to troubleshoot why I couldn't boot off my USB stick. My device has no operating system installed, so it will only boot to the EFI shell screen. Since legacy USB has been disabled, I'm unable to get a keyboard to function because of it, so I'm pretty much locked out of the device. I removed the cover but did not see a BIOS recovery jumper on the board. Does anyone know if there is a way to reset or clear the BIOS? Even though there is no jumper, is there a couple of points on the board that when shorted, could reset the BIOS back to default?

Thanks
(06-07-2015, 02:12 AM)DJH Wrote:  Hello.  Long story short, I accidentally disabled USB legacy mode in the BIOS.  I was trying to troubleshoot why I couldn't boot off my USB stick.  My device has no operating system installed, so it will only boot to the EFI shell screen.  Since legacy USB has been disabled, I'm unable to get a keyboard to function because of it, so I'm pretty much locked out of the device.  I removed the cover but did not see a BIOS recovery jumper on the board.  Does anyone know if there is a way to reset or clear the BIOS?  Even though there is no jumper, is there a couple of points on the board that when shorted, could reset the BIOS back to default?

Thanks

Dear Customer,
USB is not available any longer once you disable USB in the BIOS.
There is no way to reset the BIOS back to default unless you replace a new chipset with default BIOS.
Best Regards
MeLE Service Team