Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCB03 questions?
I would like to compile a FAQ list here to get my own questions answered but also for other PCB03 users to ask and answre questions.

I have been using the device for few days now and have following questions.
  • Is it a featute or a bug having to press power button twice to boot the device?
  • Is there a way to automatically power on the device via HDMI or AC?
  • Is it possible to power on or shut down the device using a button on any of Mele's remotes?
  • How to reinstall Windows 8.1 on the PCB03?
    Answer: Re-install Windows 8.1 from USB flash disk

Dear Customer,
Thanks for choosing MeLE PCG03.

Here are the answers.

"Is it a featute or a bug having to press power button twice to boot the device?"
Answer: It's a bug.To fix this bug, You need to upgrade BIOS.
Installing a wrong BIOS or the Power is cut off during BIOS installation will erase your windows KEY or damage the hardware, which is not covered in RMA warranty scope. We strongly suggest not to re-install BIOS if your mini PC is pre-installed with activated Windows.

"Is there a way to automatically power on the device via HDMI or AC?"
Answer: To power on PCG03 automatically via Power adapter, you need to install a BIOS with auto-boot function.
Installing a wrong BIOS or the Power is cut off during BIOS installation will erase your windows KEY or damage the hardware, which is not covered in RMA warranty scope. We strongly suggest not to re-install BIOS if your mini PC is pre-installed with activated Windows.

"Is it possible to power on or shut down the device using a button on any of Mele's remotes?"
Answer: PCG03 don't support Mele's remotes.

Best Regards
MeLE Service Team
Thanks for the answers.

Follow up questions:

1. Can i as user upgrade the BIOS functions?
2. If yes, how?