Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WINDOWS 10 SUPPORT
Hi!
I heard that you can upgrade MeLE PCG03 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I have few questions about that.

1. Can I install windows 10 from scratch from bootable usb drive if i have my own Windows 10 key?
2. Will windows 8.1 drivers work on Windows 10?
3. Will you provide drivers for Windows 10?
4. From where can I obtain updated bios firmware? ( there is information about it in FAQ but there are no links to firmware)
5. Can I set in bios time when MeLE PCG03 will wake up?

Thank you in advance for a quick response.
(08-09-2015, 11:42 AM)Koinoq Wrote:  Hi!
I heard that you can upgrade MeLE PCG03 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I have few questions about that.

1. Can I install windows 10 from scratch from bootable usb drive if i have my own Windows 10 key?
4. From where can I obtain updated bios firmware? ( there is information about it in FAQ but there are no links to firmware)

Thank you in advance for a quick response.

Hi.. I've just installed windows 10 from the update offer and its installed fine with all drivers.....
That's a good sign! But I would like to install from USB drive. No update, just clean new install. I don't trust these windows updates Tongue
I hope that someone from MeLE will answer my questions.
(08-09-2015, 11:02 PM)Koinoq Wrote:  That's a good sign! But I would like to install from USB drive. No update, just clean new install. I don't trust these windows updates  Tongue
I hope that someone from MeLE will answer my questions.

Dear Koinoq

We MeLE PCG03 is pre-installed with officially authorized genuine key of Windows 8.1 with Bing by Microsoft.

"Windows 8.1 with Bing" is a special kind of version that Microsoft offered to OEM/ODM manufacture for very entry-level desktop mini pc section, which is limited from advanced functions and applications compared to normal notebook or desktop for consumers, such as "auto-start after power loss", "Windows To Go (start from USB or SD card)", Direct Access" and etc. MeLE mini PC does not have these functions.
Best Regards
MeLE Service Team
Well, but i startup at set hour is depending on BIOS not Windows.
Please answer my other questions.
(08-11-2015, 08:37 AM)Koinoq Wrote:  Well, but i startup at set hour is depending on BIOS not Windows.
Please answer my other questions.

Dear Koinoq

It means we do not allow end user to change the BIOS as it has risk to break the product (epecially for the official key Windows 8.1 with Bing) which will be invalid from warranty.

As for your questions:
- PCG03 only support this way to install Windows witha a geunine license: "To copy all files in the boot of an empty USB drive, and follow steps like this: http://forum.mele.cn/showthread.php?tid=17

- Until now, the Windows 10 is just released for a few weeks, it is technically unreasonable if PCG03 needs more drivers on Windows 10 Home Edition. But currently, we have several units upgraded to Windows 10 and all work fine.

- Yes, we will privide drivers for PCG03 with Windows 10 Home Edition in the future.

- We do not allow single end user to change the bios or update it, as it has risk to break the product (expecially make the paid Windows Key unusable.) which will be invalid for warranty anymore.

- The same answer as Questions 4.
Best Regards
MeLE Service Team
Thank you for your response Smile