Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCG03 not booting, Windows repair required ..
I have a PCG03 32GB version and my problem is that while I have Win 8.1 installed, the OS won't boot after some time. Simply the windows freezes and after hard reboot, there is a blue screen during boot with text: Repair is required. The OS could not boot due it is no possible to validate digital signature of this file:
\Windows\system32\drivers\Wdf1000.sys
When I restore the computer from recovery image, it will work for a week or two and then it happens again.
I already have contacted the reseller, but they only recover the system and give me the device back.
Could you advice me any solution ?

Thanks a lot

Jiri
Hi, friend

If your PCG03 is 32GB eMMC with Win8.1, please re-install the whole image by yourself from this topic: http://forum.mele.cn/showthread.php?tid=17

If it still cannot solve your problem, please send email to meleservice@melestar.com , our team will follow you up for further support.

In the meantime, please confirm the webiste or store that you bought it. We will check it in our system.
Best Regards
MeLE Service Team
Hi Eric,

I did have install the newest Win10 image, and it seems, that it is working fine.

But the Windows activation showing error "This license key does not work with this Windows edition"

Any help with this ?

Thanks

J.
(07-19-2016, 06:04 AM)drtx00 Wrote:  Hi Eric,

I did have install the newest Win10 image, and it seems, that it is working fine.

But the Windows activation showing error "This license key does not work with this Windows edition"

Any help with this ?

Thanks

J.

If you are PCG03 (32GB eMMC) with Windows 8.1 with Bing when you first received it. After you re-installed the image of Windows 8.1 with Bing, there is not problem with the license as it is genuine for Windows 8.1 with Bing.

But if you just install the latest Windows 10 image by yourself, it is againt the rule of Micrsoft because the PCG03 you have only have license for Windows 8.1 with Bing instead of Windows 10. The correct way you can do is to re-install it back to Windows 8.1 with Bing as the same when it came to you (http://forum.mele.cn/showthread.php?tid=45627). Then connect it to Internet to get Windows 10 upgrade.
Best Regards
MeLE Service Team
(08-19-2016, 02:08 AM)Eric Morentin Wrote:  

Any help with this ?

Thanks

J.

If you are PCG03 (32GB eMMC) with Windows 8.1 with Bing when you first received it. After you re-installed the image of Windows 8.1 with Bing, there is not problem with the license as it is genuine for Windows 8.1 with Bing.

But if you just install the latest Windows 10 image by yourself, it is againt the rule of Micrsoft because the PCG03 you have only have license for Windows 8.1 with Bing instead of Windows 10. The correct way you can do is to re-install it back to Windows 8.1 with Bing as the same when it came to you (http://forum.mele.cn/showthread.php?tid=45627). Then connect it to Internet to get Windows 10 upgrade.

The free offer to upgrade to Windows 10 was over in July. Is there a link you can provide which will still let you ?

Also is it possible to boot Mele PCG03 from USB Stick running LibreElec ?

Thanks
(08-20-2016, 09:04 AM)daveydguk Wrote:  
(08-19-2016, 02:08 AM)Eric Morentin Wrote:  

Any help with this ?

Thanks

J.

The free offer to upgrade to Windows 10 was over in July. Is there a link you can provide which will still let you ?

Also is it possible to boot Mele PCG03 from USB Stick running LibreElec ?

Thanks

The free period of upgrade to Windows 10 is over, we are also not able to help you to upgrade free.
We only way we suggest to make it working is to re-install Windows 8.1 with Bing which was the same as it came to you.
Here is the link: http://forum.mele.cn/showthread.php?tid=45627

Until now we only sell it as a enty-level haradware for genuine Windows OS. As for Linux or other OS, we are not obliged to make it compatibile with our hardware. Therefore, we are not sure if you can install other kinds of OS on it. We are sure that the BIOS of this hardware is only 32-bit system instead of 64-bit system.
Best Regards
MeLE Service Team