Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to reset the BIOS
Please help, how to reset the BIOS, I have made some of the BIOS settings and restart the computer, then the computer does not transmit the image on moitor. Without image I can not reset the BIOS to default settings. What contacts do I have to close to reset BIOS?
Hi, Krigor

We strongly does not recommend end user to do any changes in the BIOS as the genuine key of Windows is burnt together with it in the chipset on PCB board. Once the chipset was damaged due to personal DIY, it will be invalid from the 12 months warranty. There will be extra cost charged to end user if he wants us to repair it.

As for your situation, we uploaded the BIOS via this link:Star Cloud PCG09 Plus_BIOS. But we have to remind you the risk of turning the mini pc into a dead brick due to personal DIY which will be invalid for warranty.

Besides, you can find the whole image to re-install Windows on the mini PC if needed: http://forum.mele.cn/showthread.php?tid=45617
Best Regards
MeLE Service Team
Dear Eric,
Thank you for the links. I downloaded everything. But for lack of the image on the monitor I cannot do anything (the image dissapeared after the BIOS setting I have made myself). Can you please advise me how to return the image on the monitor?
I agree that it isn't a warranty case. I only need your advice.

Looking forward for your answer,
Krigor
Lightbulb 
Dear Krigor,
This is Helen from Melestar. Please see below:
1. Can you power on the mini pc
--> plug in the power supply,the LED turns from blue to red
--> press the power button, the LED turns from red to blue?
2. Can you press F7 from the keyboard to enter "Please select boot device:"?
3. If you have seen step 1 and step 2, then you can enter bios setup to restore the bios default setup:
-->Enter Setup --> Save & Exit --> Restore Defaults --> Save Changes and Exit --> mini pc will reboot.

Best Regards
MeLE Technical Team
Sad 
Dear Hellen Wang,
Yes, when

But I see no signal on the monitor, black screen, no signal. If it is possible to reset the BIOS closing the contacts on the motherboard, it will help to start the computer.
(08-09-2016, 09:26 PM)Krigor Wrote:  Dear Hellen Wang,
Yes, when

But I see no signal on the monitor, black screen, no signal. If it is possible to reset the BIOS closing the contacts on the motherboard, it will help to start the computer.

Hi, Krigor

Sorry for late reply, I will urge Hellen to reply your question asap.
Best Regards
MeLE Service Team
(08-14-2016, 02:15 AM)Eric Morentin Wrote:  
Yes, when

Hi, Krigor

I‘m afraid you need to send email to meleservice@melestar.com to ask them where to send this unit back for repair. They need to change the chipset and burn a BIOS for you to make it working again.
Best Regards
MeLE Service Team
(08-14-2016, 02:15 AM)Eric Morentin Wrote:  
Yes, when

Hi, Krigor

I‘m afraid you need to send email to meleservice@melestar.com to ask them where to send this unit back for repair. They need to change the chipset and burn a BIOS for you to make it working again.
Best Regards
MeLE Service Team